Look what Megan over at 1 Funky Woman gave me. I'm so honored! I love this girl - she's funny & you must check her out. I can't believe I have substance - that's exciting :)
In order to accept this award, I must:
• Thank the person who gave me the award
• Sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using five words, examples: WRITE HEART PEOPLE LIVE HAPPY
• Pass it on to 10 other blogs which I feel have real substance.
Annie's philosophy, motivation, and experience in five words
1) Journal 2) Laugh 3) Open 4) Random 5) Friendships
1. My blog is a journal of my life. I started it because I loved the decorating blogs. However, I can't just focus on decorating on my blog. I write this blog for me - and will have most of it bound into a book yearly so I can remember these stories about my kids that I'll otherwise forget! I still love decorating & those blogs, but decorating doesn't define me like my family & friends do. If I only share my home, you miss a huge piece of me. So I lay it out all out there for you. I've found my favorite blogs are now the ones with substance - about peoples lives. I'm nosey so I have to horn in & blogs let me do that!
2. I love to laugh. I'm a very happy person. My kids are crazy & unusual, so I think they are hysterical. You'd be extremely sad if I didn't share their stories with you!
3. I'm pretty open on my blog. I share my life with you - which is the good, bad, and the ugly - grammar included! I'm not afraid to let you know I'm human and even though I love my kids more than life itself. I do yell and threaten them with their lives on occasion - it's just the way it is! No one is perfect right?!
4. I may be one of the most random people you'll ever meet. I can't help myself. My mind goes 100 miles a minute and I just have to get it all out there. So that means long random blogs with funny stories. I have to keep you on your toes right?!
5. Blogging has opened new doors & windows for me. I'm pretty shy in person. Through blogs I have made some new friends that I never would have known otherwise. Shannan "Flower Path Farmgirl" is my new bff since she sent me a periodict table of elements after reading I HAD to have one. She'd never be my bff if it weren't for blogs! I feel like I "know" these blog friends now. So when we do get the joy of meeting in person - my awkward shyness is gone & it lets me be the real me. I like that!
So onto 10 of you to share this with - oh me oh my. I can't pick so any of you that read my blog & comment to me are my friends & I honestly visit you and read your blogs. If you take your time to read my randomness you can bet I'm reading yours too :) So you are awarded today & I appreciate you very much!!